Glamorous Master

Hello Lovelies,

HAPPY NEW YEAR to each and every one of you! I’m a big believer in LOVING your environment, and that’s why I wanted to start the year off by sharing a bedroom I completed for a busy professional that hired me last year. She works long, hard hours and most definitely needed a plush, glamorous space to receive her at the end of the day. Check out the transformation and my tips below.

Before

IMG_2046IMG_2044

Before

IMG_2081

Before

IMG_1857_2e

IMG_2089

IMG_1846

Here are 5 tips on how to get this look:

1.These high ceilings were just begging for interest. Add crown moulding and you’ll not only add character, you’ll add elegance.

2. Use a sophisticated neutral. This one is Behr’s (780C-3) Ocean Pearl. Not just grey, not just beige. It’s greige!

3. Don’t know where to start? Pick something you LOVE and let it lead the way. The client’s cherry blossom painting was the perfect jumping off point for our color direction: shades of blue and soft neutrals.

4. Never underestimate the power of symmetry. If you need order and calm in your master bedroom, consider a pair of matching nightstands and lamps.

5. Add impact! Make a small window feel larger with dramatic sweeping drapes that fill the space around it. They may not be fully functional, but they will make for a beautifully luxurious backdrop.

Thanks for reading!

Love,
Nagwa

For a closer look at other projects that I’m working on, you can follow me:

On Twitter: @NSIntDesign

On Instagram: @nsinteriordesign

On Facebook: NSInteriorDesign

This entry was posted in Client Projects and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

8 Comments

1. Posted January 2, 2014 at 3:08 am by salwa eid | Permalink

I love the silver grey bedroom, it is
    gorgeous :) )

2. Posted January 13, 2014 at 10:31 am by Joann | Permalink

So pretty! Where is the bed and bedding from?

• Posted January 13, 2014 at 10:43 am by Nagwa | Permalink

Thank you! This is the Jameson Bed from Zgallerie. The bedding is from the Barbara Barry Collection sold at Bed Bath and Beyond.

3. Posted January 14, 2014 at 7:38 pm by Ashley | Permalink

Your work is stunning! My bedroom has the same palette and glamour feel. May I ask where you found the table lamps? Also is the quilted bedding gray or blue?

• Posted January 14, 2014 at 7:41 pm by Nagwa | Permalink

Thank you! The lamps were a lucky Homegoods find! The quilted blanket is a soft dusty blue.

4. Posted January 19, 2014 at 12:36 pm by Joy | Permalink

This is absolutely stunning! Where did you get the mirrored side tables? Love your work; what a transformation.

5. Posted January 20, 2014 at 2:31 pm by Danielle | Permalink

Hi can you tell me where the 1/2 moon mirrored bedside tables are from? Love Love the room. Really it is beautiful!

• Posted January 20, 2014 at 11:36 pm by Nagwa | Permalink

Demilune Mirrored Chests from Zgallerie. Thanks!